Pages

My Progress


April, 2011- Night sweats, mild hearing loss, bowel problems
November, 2011- Woke up with Vertigo & hearing loss 
October, 2012- Diagnosed with Labyrinthitis  & cont'd dizziness
December, 2012- Woke with numb legs

3/31/2013 CAT Scan

I will be going in for some scans soon just to rule out some more serious things. I would say get this done right when you get diagnosed cause it can make you really anxious.This will be a nice peace of mind and I can relax a lot more. I will let you all know how it goes. 


4/10/2013 She Must Not Be Dizzy
 I went to Disneyland today. Little did anyone know the last few days before this I was confined to my room. I've been hesitant to go on rides, but they say it's best to move around. I will admit I like a little adrenaline:-). You are normal if you don't go on rides with Lab. Waiting in lines was hard with people talking in every directions, visual effects and all the rides I went to bed at 7 that night.

4/15/2013 Who Has Been There For Me

I wanted to dedicate this post to my wonderful boyfriend. I had no idea what was going on with me when we met, but that I was dizzy. We joke about my dizziness now and it is comforting to laugh with someone about it. He has such a big heart and constantly reminds me that it is a bump in the road. He pushes me to finish things I find tough and we stay active together. We are looking forward to our second summer together.

5/2/2013  Got The Scan Results

Got the CT results and it came out good, but they are worried about my left ear. Here we go for an MRI...awesome!


5/15/2013 MRI  Scan

MRI done yesterday and awaiting the results. I think I have built up enough courage at this point to handle any news. The way I look at it is if they find something...I am going to be upset, if they don't I am going to be upset. I think I have finally reached the point of frustration and want the last two years of my life back. Thankfully my spikes of optimism outweigh the frustration. MRI is scary at first when they slide you in I just closed my eyes and pretended I was laying in my bed. It really helped me relax.

I hate the waiting part!


6/2/2013 Still Waiting

Been on a much needed vacation. I did not hear anything right away so I am very happy. However, it is a clinic I am going to and they wanted me to call and make an appt. to go over the results. So not sure what to expect. Taking it as a good thing. See the Dr. on Thursday. I was having a little bit of "wet ears" and hearing fluctuations this week, but feeling pretty good other than that. 

6/6/2013 Finally Peace Of Mind 

I AM IN THE CLEAR for anything serious. Thank you lord! Dr. just said it must be inflammation. Basically keep taking the allergy meds and nasal sprays. 

Tip for sufferer: The anxiety that comes with this is awful and can actually make your ears swell more and do all these crazy things to your body and mood. YOU ARE NOT GOING CRAZY all the symptoms are real things going on with your body. Get the serious "what if's" cleared and start being serious about allergies and stress reduction (this may mean not talking to people you were once close with, getting a better fit job, getting rid of that dog or trying meditation). 

 I can say it's  better than just 4 months ago. Feeling optimistic :-) 

9/23/2013 Okay, Maybe I am Going Crazy

My guy just left on deployment for 9 months and I am still suffering with dizziness everyday. We plan to have a wedding when he returns and I have never been so determined to reclaim my heath. This is really driving me crazy!!!!


10/15/2013 Really???

I hit a car today....parked. Left my car sideways on a hill curb cause I was seeing double. I didn't care and stormed away crying. Luckily my dad went out and parked it correctly. Awful day. 


1/2/2014 Xmas And New Years

Spent Xmas with my sisters had very little symptoms besides a little disoriented and allergies. Spent New Years at home...bleh. Ready for the new year.

2/16/2014 Re-Grouping Here

I cannot even look at a computer screen- how am I ever going to start a company? I believe in myself, but I just don't think my body is going to let me run a company like this. I got the prototype built and business plan done, but maybe it just isn't the right time. Putting these plans on hold, besides I have a wedding to plan. 

4/28/2014 Seeing A Fancy Doctor

Blood panel, MRI reviewed, another ENT visit, Neurologist, Sleep test...nothing. She has a plan for me supposedly. 

5/5/2014 Sleeping On The Couch

Been feeling a lot better sleeping on the couch with my head up. Seems to open my ears up and takes pressure off the ear nerves which cause dizziness ( I think). 


6/18/2014 Matters Into My Own Hand


After another year of searching for an answer I finally found it. I went to a Chiropractor and they told me I had a subluxation of the C1 vertebrae. I looked in the mirror and couldn't believe I missed such an imbalance of the shoulders. He said it is generally marked by a shorter leg, but we took Xrays to see the proof. 



I looked back at my photos and see the imbalance all along. The only thing I could really know is that the time after injury caused degeneration and stress put it over the edge. I have been seeing a Chiropractor for 2 months 2x per week and starting with a Osteopath. 

Turns out the ear damage is real, but it was secondary to my neck problem. I am elated to have an answer. 


8/9/2014 I Conquered  My Dizziness

I got married, been seeing the Chiropractor a lot and haven't had any dizziness. With a lot of neck control and slowly getting back into being active, I feel like I finally got my life back. 

6/12/2022 omg I cannot believe it’s been 8 years!

I haven’t had any dizziness!!!!! I had 2 kids and went through a heck of a lot of stress. I have neck issues and have to wear my head weights here and there. 

I had numbness in my legs a few months back. The doctor wants to check my spinal fluids for signs of MS.

The journey continues…
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Atlas Subluxation causes:

Trauma to the head. Some infants get it through cesarean forcepts and can cause sudden infant death, but is generally noticeable by a pediatrician through early check-ups. Torticollis is another name for atlas subluxation in infants and is a completely preventable by healthy neck positioning. 

A form of Dystonia (which I had ruled out) or "Spasmadic Torticollis" can be caused by the use of anti-psychotics during pregnancy. It can be split into 2 categories: Hereditary, or drug induced. This causes painful involuntary contractions of the muscle in the neck. 

Follow my blog to follow my story... thanks for reading!

No comments: